Hiring: Business Development Visionary
Business Development Visionary
NERv Technology Inc. is a growing medical device start-up based in Kitchener-Waterloo. We are developing medical devices that enable physicians to detect postoperative complications early. Our goal is to help de-risk surgeries as much as possible and provide peace of mind to patients and their care providers through our technology.
As NERv continues to grow and tackle critical milestones, we are seeking an ambitious and energetic Business Development Visionary, a jack-of-all-trades who is good at critically analyzing market research data and using that data to strategically craft value propositions based on a strong understanding of user needs. The candidate will be required to have a strong understanding of the market landscape to ensure proper market positioning for NERv’s product. This role will report to our head office located in Kitchener-Waterloo. The candidate should be ready to roll up his or her sleeves and work closely with senior management on key business development activities. We are looking for a candidate who is ready to come up with innovative ideas and think outside the box.
- Help formulate and strategize go to market efforts
- Conduct research to identify new market opportunities and develop innovative market entry approaches.
- Work with the executive team on developing and refining marketing plans for a product launch
- Work with our clinical team to understand user needs and craft value propositions that align with those user needs.
- Build a strong market position by locating and developing key business relationships.
- Identify and research industry trends
- Identify, assess, and execute business development opportunities by analyzing market strategies
- Prospect new customers.
- Work with stakeholders to enhance NERv’s brand.
- Prepare sales activity plans that align with company goals.
You’re self-driven and able to adapt to a fast-paced environment without losing attention to detail. You will often be facing real-world and open-ended challenges, and you’re ready to dive into the deep end. You’re not afraid to take the driver’s seat, love to learn and can quickly grasp new concepts as they arise during your work. If this sounds like you, we’d love to meet you!
- Business or Public Administration, Economics, Commerce Graduate or in-progress
- Good clinical knowledge and business acumen.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and constantly changing conditions.
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills.
- Critical and analytical thinking with strong attention to detail.
- Background knowledge of human anatomy
We want to keep our team safe and healthy. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are providing masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, desk marries and practicing social distancing. We maintain the option to WFH as duties permit or if an illness is suspected.