Clinical Research Assistant – Co-op Student | Winter 2022
The candidate would join the clinical research team to support the design, execution, data collection, and monitoring of NERv’s clinical and animal studies. They will participate in the creation of clinical documents (which may include: protocols, case report forms (CRFs), memos, correspondence, reports, REB documentation, grant applications and other required documents) as well as facilitate the smooth operation of NERv’s animal/clinical trials.
This position will require you to come into our offices located in Kitchener, ON.
- Contribute towards efficient management of clinical and animal trials
- Prepare grant submissions
- Prepare Independent Ethics Committee/Independent Regulatory Board (IEC/REB) submissions
- Recruit potential Investigators for trials
- Assist in pre-study, initiation, and monitoring visits for various study sites
- Maintain study tracking in accordance with study demands
- Monitor and update data through an Electronic Data Capture (EDC) system in a timely manner and in accordance with study-specific guidelines
- Travel as necessary in accordance with study needs
You are detail-oriented, organized and are able to work independently in a fast-paced environment. You are not afraid to take the driver’s seat, love to learn and can quickly grasp new concepts as they arise during your work. If this sounds like you, we would love to meet you!
- Working towards Science or other related degree.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented.
- Prior experience in handling research responsibilities.
- G2/G Driver with access to transportation for frequent travel to GTA and Hamilton.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn new software tools.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Familiarity with health research and database management preferred.
- Experience or certification in Good Clinical Practices (GCP) preferred.
- Experience in regulatory affairs in the context of clinical trials is preferred.
- Experience in grant and/or REB submissions preferred.