Full Stack Software Developer – Co-op Student | Winter 2022
This role centers around all software development beyond our proprietary sensors and hardware. We’re looking for someone with solid foundations in software architecture and development to work with our Software Team to help deliver high quality
This role will require you to come into our offices in Kitchener, ON on occasion.
This position is funded partially through the Biotalent Program. As such we will require candidates to be eligible for that
- Update, design and implement mobile and cloud architecture to enable patient data collection and processing, and presentation of results to healthcare professionals
- Translate regulatory requirements (e.g., HIPA, PHIPA) to product specifications and ensure compliance.
- Devise deployment strategy for local and international hospitals depending on their infrastructure and IT policies.
- Assist in conducting technical risk and privacy impact assessments.
You’re self-driven and able to adapt in a fast-paced environment without losing attention to detail. You will often be facing real-world and open-ended challenges, and you’re ready to dive into the deep end. You’re not afraid to take the driver’s seat, love
to learn and can quickly grasp new concepts as they arise during your work. If this sounds like you, we’d love to meet you!
- Demonstrated knowledge of backend architecture design and implications on development, security, and privacy
- Strong knowledge of data structures and database fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of back-end development (C# preferred)
- Strong knowledge of mobile software development (Android [Kotlin & Java] preferred)
- Good knowledge UX design for website and mobile development
- Ability to work with a multidisciplinary set of teams
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and constantly changing conditions
- Familiarity with version-control software (Git preferred)
- Experience in Agile software development, preferred
- Understanding of international regulatory pertaining to patient data security and privacy (HIPA, PHIPA), preferred
- Knowledge of standard encryption algorithms for data security, preferred
- Optional skills: Python